The Central Louisiana Regional Port, Red River’s gateway to Economic Development, prides itself as being the region’s ultimate Red River access delivering a wealth of advantages to Central Louisiana.
Ground & Freight Transportation
The Central Louisiana Regional Port is easily accessible by ground transportation and has easy access to major interstate, federal and state highways. CLRP connects to the continental United States as well as Mexico and Canada.
Highways Serving The Port
- 1 Interstate (I-49)
- 4 Highways (US 71, US 1, US 167, US 165)
WATER & BARGE TRANSPORTATION
CLRP is located on the Red River Waterway in Central Louisiana, approximately 4 miles northwest of downtown Alexandria.
- Facilities: 3 terminals exist at The Port
- Channel depth: 9 feet (2.7 meters)
- Channel width: 200 feet (56.9 meters)
A rail network by Union Pacific and Kansas City Southern provides service to the Central Louisiana community.
The Alexandria International Airport is located less than 7 miles from CLRP.
- Runway 14/32 – 150′ x 9350′ grooved concrete (strength 850,000 DDT)
- Runway 18/36 – 150′ x 7000′ asphalt (strength 502,000 DDT)
- Airport elevation: 89 ft.
- Airport reference point coordinates: LAT:31 19’36.653″N, LONG:92 32’56.507″W
- Precision approach path indicators (PAPI) on each runway
- Precision approach to runway 14-VOR & GPS approach to runway 14/32
- Security fence encompassing entire airfield
- New runway and taxiway lighting
- New ALSF-1 approach lighting system to runway 14
- Index D airport rescue and firefighting
- 24-hour air traffic control tower
England Airpark is composed of 2,200 acres. Located at England Airpark is Alexandria International Airport (AEX). A mixed use development, England Airpark has over 300 units of housing, 1.5 million square feet of commercial space. Aviation, transportation, manufacturing, education and health care opportunities exist on site. For more information view AEX website: http://www.englandairpark.org/